09 Jan Six Easy Tips to Create Your Capsule Wardrobe
The capsule wardrobe is a concept that is often spoken about when it comes to your “everyday” wardrobe and continues to remain a hot topic in the styling world. It is a collection of a few essential items of clothing that are timeless, coordinate well and can be worn in different ways to suit multiple occasions. It can be augmented with a handful of seasonal pieces to keep your wardrobe current & fresh. If you want to spend less time and money on clothes but still look good, then here are 6 easy tips to get you started on your capsule wardrobe:
- Make sure that each piece is in your most flattering colour palette. The right colours will make even the simplest styles look gorgeous on you.
- Ensure that each piece fits both your shape, lifestyle and personality. Don’t waste money on stuff that doesn’t fit or make you look good
- Avoid having two pieces in the capsule in the same style. You’ll get less bored with an A-lined skirt and a pencil skirt, for example, than you will with two A-lines in different colours
- As a rule of thumb, ensure each clothing item goes with at least three other pieces in your wardrobe.
- Solid colours mix together more easily than prints. It’s easier to add a print to complement two totally different solid colours. Bear this is mind when buying clothes.
- Invest in quality – quality will mean different things to each person. The key is to get the best quality your budget can afford.
Creating a capsule wardrobe is a process which takes time so be kind to yourself and give it time to evolve to your pre-determined style goals. It is all about trying something new and learning more about yourself in the process.
If you don’t know what your best colours are, our personalised colour consultation is just what the style doctor ordered.
For further enquiries, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org